Datamation — You only have to look at the rich assortment of applets in KDE -- which calls them widgets -- to see what GNOME and Unity are missing. If anything, KDE's widgets are even richer than GNOME 2's applets, with dozens of small pieces of functionality that range from the serious to the trivial and the basic to the expert and obscure, including everything from hardware indicators and system configuration tools to desktop enhancements and toys and educational software.
Bigbruin — X79 motherboards are just starting to hit retailers now, and at this point the Z68 series motherboard architecture remains one of the better performing and more affordable options on the market. In this review we will take a look at the ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe Z68 LGA 1155 motherboard which supports the very latest second generation Intel Core i7, i5, and i3 processors.
Techware Labs — The price of DDR3 has fallen rapidly lately, making it much more affordable to populate all of your RAM slots. Crucial introduces their new DDR3 2133 MHz Ballistix RAM in a triple channel kit. Find out if you should be using this with your i7.
Legit Reviews — It's interesting to see how OCZ is marketing these Octane new Solid State Drives. They are 'Indilinx infused' vesrus 'SandForce driven'. Indilinx drives have nDurance technology while SandForce has DuraClass technology. I can't help but be reminded of the movie Coming To America where Cleo McDowell comments on his feud with McDonald's: "Look... me and the McDonald's people got this little misunderstanding. See, they're McDonald's... I'm McDowell's. They got the Golden Arches, mine is the Golden Arcs. They got the Big Mac, I got the Big Mick. We both got two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles and onions, but their buns have sesame seeds. My buns have no seeds...
Benchmark Reviews — For those of us in the field of technology eyestrain is a constant threat to our ability to work. Whether it is headaches, dry eyes, or just general discomfort, eyestrain is the bane of tech people everywhere. Further exacerbating the problem, the same people who work on computers all day may enjoy relaxing by playing games on computers also. Here to help combat eyestrain is SteelSeries with its DESMO line of digital eyewear co-created with Gunnar to help reduce eye fatigue. During the length of this article, Benchmark Reviews will evaluate the SteelSeries DESMO and their effect on eyestrain and fatigue.
Legit Reviews — Today we look at the newest addition to the Cooler Master Storm Line, the Storm Trooper. The Cooler Master Storm Trooper is a full tower case that has everything that has come to be associated with the Storm line, but Cooler Master has kicked it up a notch with customizable drive cages, room for dual internal mounted radiators, and other nice features. Join us as we look over the Storm Trooper and see just what Cooler Master has been up to.
Open Source News
- Linux Mint Swap Banshee Affiliate Code, Take 100% of Profits
- Wayland Has Working Screensaver Support
- FreeBSD 9.0 May Just Be One Week Away
- Google Inc. Renews Firefox Search Deal
- Red Hat releases Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.2
- KDE Widgets: Why They Matter
- Opera 11.60 Arrives
- Racing To Finish X.Org Multi-Touch Support
- Android 4.0 For x86 Is Now Available
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Alpha 1 Released
- Dungeons of Dredmor and Introversion source code added to Bundle!
- Open-source skills best hope for landing a good job
- Xen Virtualization Comes To ARM Cortex A15
- Linux Mint 12 Released
- Ubuntu On TVs
- Diablotek Legend Computer Case
- Patriot Pyro SE Solid State Drive
- EVGA Z68 FTW Motherboard
- Antec Eleven Hundred Mid Tower Gaming Case
- Raidmax Seiran Mid-Tower
- MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III 1G/OC Video Card
- Roccat Kova[+] Optical USB Gaming Mouse
- ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe Z68 LGA 1155 Motherboard
- Crucial Ballistix 6GB DDR3 2133 MHz RAM Triple Channel Kit
- OCZ Octane 512GB Indilinx SSD
- SteelSeries Desmo Digital Eyewear
- Cooler Master Storm Trooper Full Tower Case
- IOCELL NetDISK 351UNE Network Storage Device
- Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 Low Voltage 1600MHz
- SilverStone SST-EC03 USB 3.0 PCI-E Card