Benchmark Reviews — The first thing that IOCELL wants you to know about the NetDISK 351UNE is that it is not a NAS. It is a network-direct-attached-storage (NDAS) device. It does not function as a server, and there are distinct benefits to that. For one: size, cost and complexity go way down. Two: it does not use TCP/IP to connect to your network, which eliminates all TCP/IP-based methods for hacking your data. Three: it's faster, since there's ess overhead to manage. Sometimes, less is more. Benchmark Reviews has tested several full-range NAS products in the last few months, now let's investigate what advantages a more tightly focused approach can provide.
Legit Reviews — The Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB 1600MHz Arctic White Special Edition kit promises to be good-performing RAM that will run cool by using less voltage. It also boasts a lower profile that is useful in SFF or HTPC system chassis that are smaller than a traditional desktop tower...
Benchmark Reviews — Getting access to the gigabytes of data on your external storage devicesis excruciatingly slow as it trickles thru the USB 2.0 port, or at least, that's how it feels these days. USB 2.0 just can't get the job done fast enough. USB 3.0 at least for now is the answer for our external access speed requirements. The EC03 card from SilverStone installs into a single lane PCI-E gen 2.0 slot and gives you two internal USB 3.0 ports. So how fast is it? Benchmark Reviews takes the EC03 thru the paces, let's take a look.
Legit Reviews — When deciding on a new motherboard there are always a couple of areas to look at. First is the features that you need in a motherboard; the BIOSTAR TA990FXE has a rather solid feature set. Compared to some though, it's not as packed with features. BIOSTAR kept the features down, which in turn kept the price down. The BIOSTAR TA990FXE retails for only $129.99 which is one of the lowest priced AMD 990FX AM3+ motherboards on the market today.
Legit Reviews — The SilverStone RAVEN RVS02 is an external 2.5-inch hard drive housing that is designed to be portable and fast thanks to the Super Speed USB 3.0 connectivity. The enclosure is also screwless, so you can quickly and easily swap out hard drives. Read on to see how this affordable portable drive enclosure performs when we put it to the test!
Benchmark Reviews — The official category for the QNAP TS-419P II Turbo NAS is "Network Attached Storage", but in today's environment, think of it as "Connected Storage". By consolidating and providing direct access to your data via cloud services or on your mobile device, it's more about connectedness than the ability to serve up files over 1000BASE-T in your home or workspace. The TS-419P II is the next logical step up from a two-bay device and allows you to implement RAID 5 or 6; a four-bay device is really the bare minimum for a high availability NAS appliance. It's equipped with a faster Marvell CPU running at 2.0 GHz, a 25% increase in clock speed from previous models. Benchmark Reviews has tested several NAS units recently, let's take at look at how this latest unit compares.
Techware Labs — With the recent explosion of mechanical gaming keyboards on the market from many of the major manufactures, it is no surprise that Tt eSPORTS has one of their own to show off. Read on the see if this compact mechanical gamer is fit for your rig.
Open Source News
- Linux Mint Swap Banshee Affiliate Code, Take 100% of Profits
- Wayland Has Working Screensaver Support
- FreeBSD 9.0 May Just Be One Week Away
- Google Inc. Renews Firefox Search Deal
- Red Hat releases Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.2
- KDE Widgets: Why They Matter
- Opera 11.60 Arrives
- Racing To Finish X.Org Multi-Touch Support
- Android 4.0 For x86 Is Now Available
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Alpha 1 Released
- Dungeons of Dredmor and Introversion source code added to Bundle!
- Open-source skills best hope for landing a good job
- Xen Virtualization Comes To ARM Cortex A15
- Linux Mint 12 Released
- Ubuntu On TVs
- Diablotek Legend Computer Case
- Patriot Pyro SE Solid State Drive
- EVGA Z68 FTW Motherboard
- Antec Eleven Hundred Mid Tower Gaming Case
- Raidmax Seiran Mid-Tower
- MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III 1G/OC Video Card
- Roccat Kova[+] Optical USB Gaming Mouse
- ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe Z68 LGA 1155 Motherboard
- Crucial Ballistix 6GB DDR3 2133 MHz RAM Triple Channel Kit
- OCZ Octane 512GB Indilinx SSD
- SteelSeries Desmo Digital Eyewear
- Cooler Master Storm Trooper Full Tower Case
- IOCELL NetDISK 351UNE Network Storage Device
- Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 Low Voltage 1600MHz
- SilverStone SST-EC03 USB 3.0 PCI-E Card