Sapphire 780G Motherboard and Hybrid CrossFire
Much like our previous review of Sapphire's Radeon HD3870 Toxic, we've selected a variety of games and benchmarks to benchmark the motherboard in both graphical and overall performance. These tests will include Unreal Tournament 2004, Unreal Tournament 3, 3dMark06, PCMark Vantage, and the SiSoft Sandra suite. I've opted to omit 3dMark Vantage, as the onboard graphics were incapable of running it. Let's look at Sandra benchmarks first.
Sandra offers various benchmarks for looking at the performance of a system. For this system, I chose to look at processor arithmetic, cache and memory performance, memory bandwidth, and multi-core efficiency.
All of these tests focused on the processor more than the motherboard, but the motherboard is still an essential part of a system's performance. Sandra provides several example systems to compare our results again. Unfortunately, they all seem to be faster than our current system.
PCMark Vantage is Futuremark's latest release of the PCMark series, sharing the new "Vantage" brand much like the latest 3dMark release. PCMark Vantage aims to benchmark every aspect of PC usage, from gaming, to office productivity, to multimedia creation and viewing. Unlike 3dMark Vantage and 3dMark 06, however, Futuremark released a 64-bit version of PCMark Vantage, finally giving us a native 64-bit benchmark.
The graph above shows that the Sapphire 780G motherboard scored a whopping 500 points higher than the GeForce 6150 motherboard. For a newer benchmark that brings current hardware to it's knees, this is a significant difference.
Jump to page:blog comments powered by Disqus
Open Source News
- Linux Mint Swap Banshee Affiliate Code, Take 100% of Profits
- Wayland Has Working Screensaver Support
- FreeBSD 9.0 May Just Be One Week Away
- Google Inc. Renews Firefox Search Deal
- Red Hat releases Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.2
- KDE Widgets: Why They Matter
- Opera 11.60 Arrives
- Racing To Finish X.Org Multi-Touch Support
- Android 4.0 For x86 Is Now Available
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Alpha 1 Released
- Dungeons of Dredmor and Introversion source code added to Bundle!
- Open-source skills best hope for landing a good job
- Xen Virtualization Comes To ARM Cortex A15
- Linux Mint 12 Released
- Ubuntu On TVs
- Diablotek Legend Computer Case
- Patriot Pyro SE Solid State Drive
- EVGA Z68 FTW Motherboard
- Antec Eleven Hundred Mid Tower Gaming Case
- Raidmax Seiran Mid-Tower
- MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III 1G/OC Video Card
- Roccat Kova[+] Optical USB Gaming Mouse
- ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe Z68 LGA 1155 Motherboard
- Crucial Ballistix 6GB DDR3 2133 MHz RAM Triple Channel Kit
- OCZ Octane 512GB Indilinx SSD
- SteelSeries Desmo Digital Eyewear
- Cooler Master Storm Trooper Full Tower Case
- IOCELL NetDISK 351UNE Network Storage Device
- Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 Low Voltage 1600MHz
- SilverStone SST-EC03 USB 3.0 PCI-E Card