IntroductionXigmatek was founded in 2005, and have released a wide range cooling and power supply products since then. Their company philosophy is the acronym "I.C.E.", or Impressive, Creative, and Essential. Today, we're going to look at their HDT-S1283 Heatsink, featuring direct-touch heat pipes. Will it perform and stand up to their philosophy?
PackagingThe HDT-S1283's packaging is probably the biggest heatsink box I've ever opened, and that's because it's the biggest heatsink I've ever opened! I'm not a big overclocker, so I've never had a need to go beyond a stock heatsink.
The front of the box has a window that displays part of the 120mm Fan, as well as the Xigmatek sticker on middle of the fan. Below the window is the primary feature of the heatsink, the "Heat-pipe Direct Touch" technology, as well as a short feature list.
Either side of the box has either pictures or applications for the heatsink (don't worry, they're all computer-related), while the back gives a full list of specifications.
Opening up the box, I first came across a bag of all the accessories and clips for the heatsink. I put these aside, then pulled out the foam that held the heatsink itself. The heatsink and fan are two separate pieces (some assembly required), so they were packed separately.
Jump to page:blog comments powered by Disqus
Open Source News
- Linux Mint Swap Banshee Affiliate Code, Take 100% of Profits
- Wayland Has Working Screensaver Support
- FreeBSD 9.0 May Just Be One Week Away
- Google Inc. Renews Firefox Search Deal
- Red Hat releases Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.2
- KDE Widgets: Why They Matter
- Opera 11.60 Arrives
- Racing To Finish X.Org Multi-Touch Support
- Android 4.0 For x86 Is Now Available
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Alpha 1 Released
- Dungeons of Dredmor and Introversion source code added to Bundle!
- Open-source skills best hope for landing a good job
- Xen Virtualization Comes To ARM Cortex A15
- Linux Mint 12 Released
- Ubuntu On TVs
- Diablotek Legend Computer Case
- Patriot Pyro SE Solid State Drive
- EVGA Z68 FTW Motherboard
- Antec Eleven Hundred Mid Tower Gaming Case
- Raidmax Seiran Mid-Tower
- MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III 1G/OC Video Card
- Roccat Kova[+] Optical USB Gaming Mouse
- ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe Z68 LGA 1155 Motherboard
- Crucial Ballistix 6GB DDR3 2133 MHz RAM Triple Channel Kit
- OCZ Octane 512GB Indilinx SSD
- SteelSeries Desmo Digital Eyewear
- Cooler Master Storm Trooper Full Tower Case
- IOCELL NetDISK 351UNE Network Storage Device
- Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 Low Voltage 1600MHz
- SilverStone SST-EC03 USB 3.0 PCI-E Card