OCZ 2GB PC2-8500 Reaper HPC CrossFire-Certified RAM
In Windows, I'd like to cover several benchmarks and areas of usage that the RAM may give some benefit or performance gain in. For comparison, I'll be using 2GB of Crucial's Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800. I'll also be using the 64-bit version of Windows Vista for these benchmarks.
The better set of RAM, if there is between these two pairs, should provide higher scores in productivity, multimedia, and gaming benchmarks. In this case, I'll be looking at a multitude of benchmarks: PCMark Vantage, 3DMark06, the SiSoft Sandra Suite, Unreal Tournament 2004, and Unreal Tournament 3.
PCMark Vantage is Futuremark's latest release of the PCMark series, sharing the new "Vantage" brand much like the latest 3dMark release. PCMark Vantage aims to benchmark every aspect of PC usage, from gaming, to office productivity, to multimedia creation and viewing. Unlike 3dMark Vantage and 3dMark 06, however, Futuremark released a 64-bit version of PCMark Vantage, finally giving us a native 64-bit benchmark.
The Reaper HPC earned a gross score of 2814, while the Crucial Ballistix came in at 2794.
SiSoft Sandra Suite
Sandra offers various benchmarks for looking at the performance of a system. For this system, I chose to look at cache and memory performance, memory latency, and memory bandwidth. The Reaper HPC is on the left, while the Crucial Ballistix is on the right.
Futuremark has yet to release a 64-bit edition of any gaming benchmarks, so I was expecting to see low numbers using this setup in a 64-bit environment. Unfortunately, neither the GeForce 6150 or 780G motherboards were able to run 3dMark Vantage, so I've settled for only showing results for 3dMark06. 3dMark06 was run with default settings with all tests selected. Again, the Reaper HPC is on the left, while the Crucial Ballistix is on the right.
Jump to page:blog comments powered by Disqus
Open Source News
- Linux Mint Swap Banshee Affiliate Code, Take 100% of Profits
- Wayland Has Working Screensaver Support
- FreeBSD 9.0 May Just Be One Week Away
- Google Inc. Renews Firefox Search Deal
- Red Hat releases Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.2
- KDE Widgets: Why They Matter
- Opera 11.60 Arrives
- Racing To Finish X.Org Multi-Touch Support
- Android 4.0 For x86 Is Now Available
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Alpha 1 Released
- Dungeons of Dredmor and Introversion source code added to Bundle!
- Open-source skills best hope for landing a good job
- Xen Virtualization Comes To ARM Cortex A15
- Linux Mint 12 Released
- Ubuntu On TVs
- Diablotek Legend Computer Case
- Patriot Pyro SE Solid State Drive
- EVGA Z68 FTW Motherboard
- Antec Eleven Hundred Mid Tower Gaming Case
- Raidmax Seiran Mid-Tower
- MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III 1G/OC Video Card
- Roccat Kova[+] Optical USB Gaming Mouse
- ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe Z68 LGA 1155 Motherboard
- Crucial Ballistix 6GB DDR3 2133 MHz RAM Triple Channel Kit
- OCZ Octane 512GB Indilinx SSD
- SteelSeries Desmo Digital Eyewear
- Cooler Master Storm Trooper Full Tower Case
- IOCELL NetDISK 351UNE Network Storage Device
- Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 Low Voltage 1600MHz
- SilverStone SST-EC03 USB 3.0 PCI-E Card