Soundblaster XtremeAudio PCI-Express
Features and SpecificationsBefore we open the box, let's look at what Creative'sf product page for the XtremeAudio tells us about the product in terms of the XtremeAudio's Specifications
- PCI- Express Interface
- Playback: 24-Bit/96kHz up to 7.1
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: >100dB (20kHz Low-pass filter, A-Weighted)
- Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise at 1kHz: <0.007% (20kHz Low-pass filter)
- Recording: 24-bit/96kHz
- X-Fi Technology
- X-Fi Crystalizer
- X-Fi CMSS-3D Virtual
- X-Fi CMSS-3D Headphone
- Line in / Microphone in (shared 1/8" mini jack)
- Speaker out (4x 1/8" mini jacks)
- Optical out (TOSLINK)*
- Optical in (TOSLINK)
- Intel HD Audio Compatible Front Panel Header (2x5pin)
- Digital Out supports stereo SPDIF out and pass through of multichannel DVD sound
Next, let's look at the entry-level card's promised features, or what you can expect from the card. These features are again taken from Creative's product page for the Xtreme Audio.
- Revitalize your downloaded music and movies: Restore the details and vibrance your music and movies lost during compression. X-Fi technology intelligently enhances the highs and lows so you'll hear it all-crisp cymbal crashes, wailing guitar solos, screeching tires and booming explosions.
- Surround sound from your stereo music and movies? Yes!Expand your stereo music and movies into surround sound. Voices are centered in front of you. Ambient sound appears all around you... just like a live performance. Listen on a pair of desktop speakers or a full 5.1 speaker system.
- Hear headphone surround that sounds like multichannel speakers. Slip on your headphones and X-Fi technology moves the sound away from your ears and into the space around you. You'll be surrounded by nine virtual speakers and feel like you're sitting with your favorite band or in the best seat in the movie theater. Games sound better too with positional audio that's so accurate you can locate enemies by sound.
- Enjoy Realistic sound effects in games Bullets whiz past your head. Explosions shake the room. Take your games to the next level with EAX ADVANCED HD sound effects.
I am, however, all for making my low-quality MP3s sound better. Can Creative come through on this, however? Let's get the card out of it's packaging and get it in the PC.
Jump to page:blog comments powered by Disqus
Open Source News
- Linux Mint Swap Banshee Affiliate Code, Take 100% of Profits
- Wayland Has Working Screensaver Support
- FreeBSD 9.0 May Just Be One Week Away
- Google Inc. Renews Firefox Search Deal
- Red Hat releases Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.2
- KDE Widgets: Why They Matter
- Opera 11.60 Arrives
- Racing To Finish X.Org Multi-Touch Support
- Android 4.0 For x86 Is Now Available
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Alpha 1 Released
- Dungeons of Dredmor and Introversion source code added to Bundle!
- Open-source skills best hope for landing a good job
- Xen Virtualization Comes To ARM Cortex A15
- Linux Mint 12 Released
- Ubuntu On TVs
- Diablotek Legend Computer Case
- Patriot Pyro SE Solid State Drive
- EVGA Z68 FTW Motherboard
- Antec Eleven Hundred Mid Tower Gaming Case
- Raidmax Seiran Mid-Tower
- MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III 1G/OC Video Card
- Roccat Kova[+] Optical USB Gaming Mouse
- ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe Z68 LGA 1155 Motherboard
- Crucial Ballistix 6GB DDR3 2133 MHz RAM Triple Channel Kit
- OCZ Octane 512GB Indilinx SSD
- SteelSeries Desmo Digital Eyewear
- Cooler Master Storm Trooper Full Tower Case
- IOCELL NetDISK 351UNE Network Storage Device
- Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 Low Voltage 1600MHz
- SilverStone SST-EC03 USB 3.0 PCI-E Card