Thermaltake M9 VI1000BNS Case
Usage & Performance
The Thermaltake M9 can by no means compete with Thermaltake's premium offerings such as the Xaser VI, Armor+, and so on and so forth. However, the case puts up a good fight and does the job better than a lot of competitors on the market.
When turning on the Thermaltake M9, the front panel comes to life. The blue LED fan that cools the hard drives lights up behind the front panel's mesh, and the power and hard drive LEDs are light up.
The rest of the case remains rather dark and gloomy, as the only lights are on the front of the case. Powered by a Seventeam 850W power supply and cooled by a Scythe Mugen cooler, the case is near silent.
One thing I did notice was that the sound from the hard drives is rather noticeable. I think this is due the front of the case being enclosed by mesh rather than a non-breathing material. Still, the noise isn't that loud, even from two Western Digital Raptors.
The M9's two 120mm fans also keep the case cool, with an idle temperature of 40°C and 47°C temperature at full load.
Jump to page:blog comments powered by Disqus
Open Source News
- Linux Mint Swap Banshee Affiliate Code, Take 100% of Profits
- Wayland Has Working Screensaver Support
- FreeBSD 9.0 May Just Be One Week Away
- Google Inc. Renews Firefox Search Deal
- Red Hat releases Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.2
- KDE Widgets: Why They Matter
- Opera 11.60 Arrives
- Racing To Finish X.Org Multi-Touch Support
- Android 4.0 For x86 Is Now Available
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Alpha 1 Released
- Dungeons of Dredmor and Introversion source code added to Bundle!
- Open-source skills best hope for landing a good job
- Xen Virtualization Comes To ARM Cortex A15
- Linux Mint 12 Released
- Ubuntu On TVs
- Diablotek Legend Computer Case
- Patriot Pyro SE Solid State Drive
- EVGA Z68 FTW Motherboard
- Antec Eleven Hundred Mid Tower Gaming Case
- Raidmax Seiran Mid-Tower
- MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III 1G/OC Video Card
- Roccat Kova[+] Optical USB Gaming Mouse
- ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe Z68 LGA 1155 Motherboard
- Crucial Ballistix 6GB DDR3 2133 MHz RAM Triple Channel Kit
- OCZ Octane 512GB Indilinx SSD
- SteelSeries Desmo Digital Eyewear
- Cooler Master Storm Trooper Full Tower Case
- IOCELL NetDISK 351UNE Network Storage Device
- Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 Low Voltage 1600MHz
- SilverStone SST-EC03 USB 3.0 PCI-E Card