The updated Steam Mobile App is now available
- Sean Potter
Valve has released a brand-new Steam app for mobile devices, rebuilt from the ground up on a new mobile framework. The app will still carry the same features such as browsing the store and trading items, but brand new features will also be available such as the ability to sign in with a QR code from a PC, better notifications, and a brand-new library view. In addition to the QR sign-in functionality, the app will also improve security across all of Steam, as the app enables two-factor authentication.
Features of the app
- Two-factor authentication to ensure you’re the only one with access to your account
- QR code sign in - Scan a QR code to sign into Steam instead of entering a password or…
- Sign in confirmation - Confirm your regular Steam sign ins with simple “approve” or “deny”
- Authorized Devices - Manage access to the devices your account has signed in
- Easy access to the Store, Community, News, etc from wherever you are
- Your Library with access to your game content, discussions, guides, support, and more
- Remote download of games and updates on your PC, managed from your phone
- Customizable Steam notifications: wishlist, sales, comments, trades, discussions, friend requests, and more
- Trade and Market confirmations – to ensure items don’t leave your account without your approval
- An improved Store browsing experience for mobile screens
- Support for using multiple Steam accounts in the app
- Customizable tabs
We're definitely looking forward to seeing the QR sign-in ability ported over to the Steam Deck in the future.
You can read more about this release on Steam's website.